JOB TITLE: Educational Consultant
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria – Omole Phase 2
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Hybrid
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org (Share your CV and a writing sample to this email)
RECRUITMENT DEADLINE: June 6, 2023
The position seeks a competent individual to provide academic advice and support to prospective students who want to study abroad. The main responsibility of a Senior Educational Consultant is to identify the students’ needs and undertake extensive research to provide support and meet those needs. The individual will be responsible for advising students on how to strengthen their application, providing guidance on the admission process and accessing scholarships and funding. They will report directly to the Education Lead, providing critical process reporting, student and stakeholder engagement and various referrals and enquiries’ management.
The role is for an individual that has a strong experience in study visa application processing, solid sales background, the ability to communicate confidently, build rapport and also be ambitious, creative, driven, innovative and able to identify opportunities and take initiative. To be successful, the individual will need to have demonstrated sales experience to handle objections and overturn them via superior negotiation skills and closing techniques. This is an opportunity to strengthen your experience, learn and grow with a goal-driven organization.
It’s important for the Senior Educational Consultant to understand the organization’s mission and vision to play an instrumental role in achieving them. This role also provides opportunities to travel both nationally and internationally to represent the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist international students with finding, processing and securing scholarships for their undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Develop and initiate student recruitment strategies that will have a good return on investment.
- Identify opportunities, develop plans and initiate alliances that will strengthen the brand, improve opportunities available to students, and enhance student recruitment, retention and success.
- Counsel and provide up-to-date information to prospective students and evaluate their academic history, test scores and work experience.
- Ensure constant communication with enquirers to increase the conversion rate.
- Edit and proofread application documents such as CVs, personal statements, and video scripts.
- Carry out mock interviews with immediate feedback to prepare students for their student visa and scholarship interviews.
- Provide full visa counseling guidance for registered clients for UK and US applications
- Provide comprehensive support service to applicants during the application and conversion process.
- Attend and make presentations on studying abroad at educational fairs and information sessions.
- Organize and facilitate events and workshops both virtually and in-person.
- Create content for promotional videos, materials, training, and social media posts to promote the organization’s services and achievements to prospective international students and partners and promote studying abroad.
- Handle grievances to preserve the company’s reputation; be a good ambassador of the brand.
- Assist in the organization’s growth and identify potential partners that are aligned with our mission and foster relationships with key stakeholders.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Experience working in student recruitment is highly important.
- Experience with student and study visas for the UK is required. Knowledge of study visas for the US and Canada is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills – verbal and written communication skills and English Proficiency used to drive sales.
- Have a solid understanding of industry trends, to inform upon strategic planning and forecasting.
- Outstanding coaching and client-facing skills
- Aptitude for prioritizing tasks with attention to detail to ensure information accuracy
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and tech-savvy
- Advanced experience with student or study visas for the UK, and as a bonus, Canada and USA.
- Knowledge of international graduate and undergraduate schools and the application process
- Excellent analytical thinking and the ability to use logic to solve work-related issues
- Exceptional leadership qualities, organizational and time management skills
- Professional discretion and confidentiality
- Flexible and able to adjust to changes
- Expert problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to multitask
- Great research skills and a proactive approach to their work and responsibilities
- Experience and knowledge of social media marketing and platforms
- A sales or marketing experience is an asset
- Competitive wage compensation with bonuses linked to successful results and partnerships.
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fun, and result-oriented environment where work-life balance is encouraged.
- A dynamic role with exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders and traveling opportunities
- Various opportunities for formal training and personal development.
- A chance to work in a supportive environment where there is the opportunity to grow your responsibilities and career as we grow our scale.
ABOUT EDWARD CONSULTING
Edward Consulting is an educational consulting startup with a mission to improve society through education. We accomplish this by providing access to quality higher education in overseas countries and ensuring that it is affordable for people from African and developing countries. We do this by connecting you to the best universities and scholarships in the world!
In less than 4 years, we have secured $12.5 million/N5.7 billion in funding and scholarships for our African clients for undergraduate and graduate studies at top universities in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Germany amongst others. In fact, we have been able to secure scholarship funds ranging from 65% to 100% of their tuition costs.
Our services include advice on standardized test preparation, curation of school lists, guidance through the application process, scholarship guidance & application on a per-school basis, interview preparation for various scholarship programs and schools, scholarship negotiation and appeal management, amongst others. For more information check out www.edwardconsulting.org and our Instagram account; edward_consulting