JOB TITLE: Educational Consultant
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria – Omole Phase 2
HOW TO APPLY: Send your CV and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUITMENT DEADLINE: May 15, 2022
The position seeks a competent individual to provide academic advice and support to prospective students who want to study abroad. The main responsibility of an educational consultant is to identify the students’ needs and undertake extensive research to provide support and .meet those needs. The individual will be responsible for advising students on how to strengthen their application, providing guidance on the admission process and accessing scholarships and funding.
The individual will need to be detail-oriented with strong writing skills as a key part of their role would involve proofreading and editing application documents. This role is for an individual that has a solid sales background, is ambitious, creative, driven and thinks outside the box. It is an opportunity to learn and learn and grow with a goal-driven organization.
It’s important for the Educational Consultant to understand the organization’s mission and vision to play an instrumental role in achieving them. It’s also a great opportunity to represent the organization at the national and international level, travel within and outside of Lagos and learn new skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist international students with finding, processing and securing scholarships for their undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Provide academic advice and counseling services to prospective students and evaluate their academic history, test scores and work experience.
- Provide accurate information to students who want to study abroad, answer questions and conduct follow up to increase the admission rate.
- Edit and proofread application documents such as CVs, personal statements, and video scripts
- Carry out mock visa interviews with immediate feedback to prepare students for their student visa and scholarship interviews.
- Work collaboratively with school management both locally and internationally to develop strategies to enhance student recruitment, retention and success.
- Attend and make presentations on studying abroad at educational fairs and information sessions.
- Organize and facilitate events and workshops both virtually and in-person
- Create content for promotional videos, materials, training, and social media posts to promote the organization’s services and achievements to prospective international students and partners and promote studying abroad.
- Assist in the organization’s growth and identify potential partners that are aligned with our mission and foster relationships with key stakeholders.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a minimum of 1 year of experience in student recruitment and international admission and education.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills – verbal and written communication skills and English Proficiency used to drive sales.
- Outstanding coaching and client-facing skills
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and tech-savvy
- Experience with student or study visas for either the UK, Canada, or Australia.
- Knowledge of international graduate and undergraduate schools and the application process
- Excellent analytical thinking and the ability to use logic to solve work-related issues
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent leadership qualities and the highest attention to detail
- Professional discretion and confidentiality
- Flexible and able to adjust to changes
- Expert problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to multitask
- Great research skills and a proactive approach to their work and responsibilities
- Experience and knowledge of social media marketing and platforms
- A sales or marketing experience is an asset
- A degree from a top international program and experience as an editor or writer is a bonus.
- Fair wage compensation with bonuses linked to successful results and partnerships.
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fun, and result-oriented environment where work-life balance is encouraged.
- A dynamic role with exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders and traveling opportunities
- Various opportunities for formal training and personal development.
- A chance to work in a supportive environment where there is the opportunity to grow your responsibilities and career as we grow our scale.
ABOUT EDWARD CONSULTING
Edward Consulting is an educational consulting startup with a mission to improve society through education. We accomplish this by providing access to quality higher education in overseas countries and ensuring that it is affordable for people from African and developing countries. We do this by connecting you to the best universities and scholarships in the world!
In 3 years, we have secured $6.7 million in funding and scholarships for our African clients for undergraduate and graduate studies at top universities in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Germany amongst others. In fact, we have been able to secure scholarship funds ranging from 65% to 100% of their tuition costs.
Our services include advice on standardized test preparation, curation of school list, guidance through the application process, scholarship guidance & application on a per-school basis, interview preparation for various scholarship programs and schools, scholarship negotiation and appeal management, amongst others. For more information check out our Instagram account; edward_consulting