Are you interested in working as an Educational Consultant in a supportive environment where there is the opportunity to grow your responsibilities and career as we grow on our scale? Then you should apply!
The position seeks a competent individual to provide academic advice and support to prospective students who want to study abroad. The main responsibility of an educational consultant is to identify the students’ needs and undertake extensive research to provide support and meet those needs. The individual will be responsible for advising students on how to strengthen their application, provide guidance on the admission process and accessing scholarships and funding.
The individual will need to be detail-oriented with excellent writing skills as a key part of their role would involve proofreading and editing application documents. This role is for an ambitious, creative, and driven individual who thinks outside the box and is looking to learn and for opportunities to grow with an organization.
It’s important for the Educational Consultant to understand the organization’s mission and vision to play an instrumental role in achieving them. It’s also a great opportunity to represent the organization at the national and international level, travel within and outside of Lagos and learn new skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist international students with finding, processing and securing scholarships for their undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Provide academic advice and counseling services to prospective students and evaluate their academic history, test scores and work experience.
- Provide accurate information to students who want to study abroad, answer questions and conduct follow up to increase admission rate.
- Edit and proofread application documents such as CVs, personal statements, and video scripts.
- Carry out mock visa interviews with immediate feedback to prepare students for their student visa and scholarship interviews.
- Work collaboratively with school management both locally and internationally to develop strategies to enhance student recruitment, retention and success.
- Attend and make presentations on studying abroad at educational fairs and information sessions.
- Organize and facilitate events and workshops both virtually and in-person
- Create content for promotional videos, materials, training, and social media posts to promote the organization’s services and achievements to prospective international students and partners and promote studying abroad.
- Assist in the organization’s growth and identify potential partners that are aligned with our mission and foster relationships with key stakeholders.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a minimum of 2 years of experience in student recruitment and international admission and education.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills – verbal and written communication skills and English Proficiency.
- Outstanding coaching and client-facing skills.
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and tech-savvy.
- Experience with student or study visas for either the UK, Canada or Australia.
- Knowledge of international graduate and undergraduate schools and the application process
- Excellent analytical thinking and the ability to use logic to solve work-related issues
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent leadership qualities and highest attention to detail
- Professional discretion and confidentiality
- Flexible and able to adjust to changes
- Expert problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to multitask
- Great research skills and a proactive approach to their work and responsibilities
- Experience and knowledge of social media marketing and platforms
- Any sales or marketing experience is an asset.
- Degree from a top international program and experience as an editor or writer is a bonus.
- Fair wage compensation with bonuses linked to successful results and partnerships.
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fun, and result-oriented environment where work-life balance is encouraged.
- A dynamic role with exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders and traveling opportunities.
- Various opportunities for formal training and personal development.
- A chance to work in a supportive environment where there is the opportunity to grow your responsibilities and career as we grow our scale.
How To Apply:
Send your CV and a writing sample to email@example.com by May 6, 2021.